Minnesota Drug Crimes Attorney – Call Us Today 952-641-7734
Minnesota is becoming increasingly strict regarding the prosecution of and sentencing guidelines for drug crimes. Even a first-time offense can lead to serious consequences.
At Villaume & Schiek, P.A., we have represented many business leaders, professionals and their adult children who have been charged with a drug crime. Attorney Villaume has been a criminal defense attorney since 1979 and is a frequent lecturer and CLE (continuing legal education) instructor. If you have been charged with a drug crime, you can trust our law firm for experienced representation for the following charges:
- Possession and possession with intent to sell
- Drug sale or distribution
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug trafficking
Concerns About Drug Crime Charges
A drug charge can result from a number of different activities. An informant could set up a controlled buy. A traffic stop for a faulty taillight could result in a search and seizure. A DUI is a frequent lead-in to a search and seizure for illegal substances.
Most people with a drug charge are interested in two main goals:
- Keeping out of jail
- Protecting their job
One of the ways our attorneys can accomplish the two goals above is by being proactive. We work very hard to prevent charges from being filed. We also stress drug treatment, before being court-ordered to do so, as a way to lessen any consequences.
Representation For A Full Range Of Drug Crimes
Our law firm has experience with charges for the following types of controlled substances:
- Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, ecstasy, heroin, LSD and GHB
- Schedule II drugs, including powder and crack cocaine, morphine, opium, fentanyl, amphetamine and methamphetamine (meth).
- Schedule III drugs that have less potential for abuse or addiction, including anabolic steroids, codeine, ketamine (Special K) and hydrocodone with aspirin or acetaminophen
Convenient Location And Quality Representation
Our law office is conveniently located in Bloomington, right off Interstate 494 and across from the Mall of America, and has ample free parking.