Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney – Call Us Today (952) 851-9500
Experienced Criminal Defense Law Firm
Since 1979, attorney Phil Villaume has been working to keep clients out of jail and off the criminal record books. Attorney Villaume was a probation officer prior to becoming an attorney and learned first hand how the court system works. This insider’s point of view has proved very useful in a wide variety of criminal defense matters.At Villaume & Schiek, P.A., located in Bloomington, Minnesota, we represent businessmen and women, professionals and other citizens with crimes ranging from juvenile status crimes, criminal sexual conduct, to complex fraud to DWI / DUI offenses. We consider ourselves on the aggressive end of the spectrum — we will leave no stone unturned in your criminal defense.
Proactive Approach Yields Results
We often achieve the results our clients want because we take a strongly proactive approach. We don’t wait until you are charged to begin our defense. Whenever possible, we begin our defense before you are charged. We work with the opposing attorney and attempt to get cases dismissed early, or even before filing.
Our years of experience have taught us that no matter what the charge, our criminal defense clients typically have the same concerns or questions.
- How long is the potential jail sentence? We can tell you what the sentencing guidelines are for a conviction, but we work very hard to make sure it doesn’t come to that.
- Will I go to jail? There are many times when a conviction does not mean jail time. It will depend on any prior record and the nature of the charge.
- What are my chances? This depends on the facts of your case. We will always give you a straight answer.
- Can I win at trial? A jury trial is always a risk. Our attorneys have had success at trial and will advise you about the likelihood of a particular outcome.
- Should I take the deal? This depends on the strength of the government’s case. Our advice to you will be based on many years of experience.
Criminal Defense for Misdemeanors or Felonies
Our law firm offers vigorous criminal defense in the following matters:
- Juvenile crime
- Sex crimes
- Drug crimes
- Domestic violence
- White collar crimes, including fraud
- DWI / DUI or drunk driving
- Criminal record expungement
- Post-conviction relief
Convenient Location and Quality Representation
Our law office is conveniently located in Bloomington, Minnesota, right off Interstate 494 (I-494) and across from the Mall of America, and has ample free parking.
Please call our Twin Cities law firm at (952) 851-9500, or send us an e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers.