Minnesota High-Asset Divorce Lawyer – Call Us Today 952-641-7734

You may know people who can divide their marital property using a single sheet of lined paper. Perhaps that does not describe you. To divide your marital property, you may require a business valuation, a forensic accountant and an attorney.

At Villaume & Schiek, P.A., our family law attorney has experience working with professionals, executives, small business owners and other high net worth individuals work out an equitable division of marital assets during a high-asset divorce.

Equitable Distribution Of Assets Is Not Always 50/50

In a divorce, we work toward an equitable division of assets but recognize that some assets are inherently different. You cannot divide a piece of artwork equitably, for example, but you can find a way to divide an art collection. At our law firm, we look at the big picture in terms of valuation of assets, asset protection and asset liquidity, as well as lifestyle, financial goals and future earning power.

Our family law attorney has experience with the equitable division of assets including:

  • Medical or dental practices
  • Retirement plans, pensions and 401(k)s
  • Second homes
  • Sole proprietorships
  • Stock options

Special Concerns For PLLCs

For doctors, dentists, CPAs or others with a Professional Limited Liability Company, it may be necessary to untangle the ownership in order to accomplish a divorce. Although this is not an impossible task, it does require an experienced family law attorney to obtain an accurate business valuation and potentially to draft a new PLLC agreement. Our law firm has experience with those sorts of issues for high net worth professionals.

Convenient Location And Quality Representation

Our law office is conveniently located in Bloomington, right off Interstate 494 and across from the Mall of America, and has ample free parking. If you are facing a high-asset divorce, please call our Twin Cities law firm at 952-641-7734, or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation with a lawyer.