It may come as no surprise that the behaviors of all employees could have a significant influence on the state of any work environment. While you might hope that others around you will make every effort to cultivate a healthy and safe job atmosphere, sometimes things might not always go as planned.
Working in an unhealthy job atmosphere can be exceedingly daunting, and the presence of hostile behaviors can take a dire toll on your well-being and career. Some types of behaviors may even act to create a hostile work environment, and identifying the presence of such issues could be vital to preparing to protect your future in Minnesota.
Types of behaviors
Studies indicate that there are various types of inappropriate behaviors that could create a hostile work atmosphere, some of which might include:
- Discriminatory treatment: Workplace discrimination can take on numerous forms, and the presence of such behaviors could act to create an unhealthy and hostile work atmosphere.
- Inappropriate contact: Inappropriate physical contact and unwanted sexual advances are two more types of harassing behaviors that could make you feel unsafe at your place of employment.
- Offensive comments: Additional red flags of a hostile work environment could also include the presence of offensive or inappropriate comments and jokes, or even offensive gestures.
- Inappropriate content: Dealing with inappropriate or sexual images and content sent through emails or other outlets of communication at work can also be a daunting experience.
- Workplace bullying: Workplace bullying also continues to be a prevalent concern in many job environments. Acts that work to intimidate or bully others may constitute hostile behavior.
This may only be a brief list of behaviors that might exist in an unhealthy job atmosphere, and if you experience similar issues, you might have questions about the next steps to take to address the matter.
While encountering hostile behaviors at work can be harrowing enough as is, the idea of preparing to confront the situation can also be a daunting concept. Fortunately, you don’t have to face this alone, and it might be in your best interests to seek advice on your legal rights and the best course of action with which to proceed. In doing so, you might obtain much-needed guidance in making informed choices about your options and assistance in preparing to take the appropriate steps to safeguard your rights and interests.